What conditions will Microdermabrasion Treat?
- Sun-damaged skin
- Reduces active acne (an assessment by our aestheticians will be done to determine severity of acne prior to treatment.)
- Acne scars (on face, neck, chest and back)
- Superficial pigmentation
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Enlarged or oily pores
- Blackheads & whiteheads
- Treats all colors of skin and all skin types
What conditions are not treatable by Microdermabrasion?
- Malignant cutaneous tumors
- Certain keratoses - Seborrheic Keratoses is treatable; Actinic Keratoses is premalignant and will not be treated.
- Evolving dermatosis or disease of the skin
How do I know what type of microderm is best for me?
During the consultation one of our Aestheticians will evaluate your skin, and determine which treatment (crystal or crystal-free) would be the best for you. If you have a preference, we will treat with which ever treatment you prefer.
How long does the procedure take?
A microderm appointment typically lasts 30 minutes.
You should know:
- Can return immediately to regular activities
- Mild redness to skin - symptoms resolve within a few hours
- Can apply make-up immediately
- Patechia - a small red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels may appear during or post treatment. Photodamaged skin is particularly sensitive to this type of reaction. Note: Photodamaged skin is characterized not only by rhytides (wrinkles), but also by epidermal and dermal atrophy, rough skin texture, irregular pigmentation, telangiectasias, laxity, and enlarged pores.
- Should use sun block post treatment to avoid any post inflammatory hyperpigmentation